Tuesday 26 June 2012

New Blog and Other Things.

Tomorrow (Wednesday the 27th) will officially be 1 month on the list. Most people said it starts to feel real and normal by then, it still hasn't to me! I am still petrified but just lately I've had a few 'scary moments' where I didn't think I'd make it through the night, it's made me realise just how unwell I really am. It's extremely scary and I know I really do need to appreciate every single day. I now know just how desperately I need new lungs, so I'm hoping the call does come soon!

I have started writing a blog for the Ipswich Star Newspaper, about me, my health and obviously raising as much awareness as possible about CF and organ donation.
My first post - 'Welcome To My Life' was in todays paper and it has resulted in a lot of views on the blog website!
Feel free to have a read of it Ipswich Star Blog :)

I don't have much else to report on really, I'm struggling quite a lot, I've barely left my sofa for the past week or so, but I am going to clinic tomorrow. I'm still on 3 IV's but maybe I will see if there is anything that can be changed to hopefully allow me to pick up a bit, I'm also going to ask about a 'NIV' which is a non-invasive ventilator, it's a machine that basically breathes for you via a mask. I really need a break from breathing, it's completely exhausting and it is becoming more and more difficult, so I hope they allow me to try the NIV, I need something because this can't carry on!

In much better news, while everything else seems to be going down, my weight is going up!! Everyone keeps commenting that I look so much healthier and chubbier in the face, I tried on my favourite pair of shorts the other day (I wore them pretty much all last summer) and I couldn't get the button to do up at all, the zip wouldn't even go up, it's fantastic but has meant that I've needed to spend lots of money buying a new wardrobe as I've gone up a dress size. I'm almost at a perfect BMI which makes me feel so happy and proud, I never thought I could get to where I am today, being this unwell gaining weight is almost unheard of, but I am so pleased I'm there and still gaining! Soon I will be an actual fat whale ;)!

Thank you for reading.
xxx

5 comments:

Gemz xx said...

you have been an absolute inspiration to me. after reading your story last year in the evening star i joined the donar list. i sincerely hope you have the call soon. sending you all my love and best wishes. Gem xx

*Amanda- Glasgow Makeup/Beauty/Fashion discounts* said...

Great seing you posting again, i cant imagine what your going through but keep your chin up and fingers crossed you get the transplant soon, its a great thing that you are going to be doing articles and sharing your life with others, you are so inspirational and positive even through everything, take care x

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerry. I have just found your blog, and can empathise with you too! I too was placed on the list for a double lung transplant, in March 2012! It has been lovely to hear from somebody going through a similar situation! You are doing fantastic! And are a complete inspiration! I'm in my late 20's and have 4 young children, and wish for nothing more than a new lease of life! The past 4 months has been crazy! Please keep us informed on your progress! My thoughts are with you and your family x best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Hi again Kerry, I wrote yesterday, I forgot to ask if you opted in for the ex vivo lung perfusion? And what your views are on it? X

roger vivier said...


Combine: privateness then Roger Vivier accomodate linked to in business tennis shoes the environment. The fit linked to coordinate, like the shed and also length and width the main sneakers, the particular Roger Vivier Online sandal and / or ankle shoe legs the amount of pressure. The actual activity is sold with constancy, pillow, resilience, insert strength, sleek and stylish, and thus. Setting, inclusive Roger vivier online Sale of permeability, health insurance and alternate feet.