Tuesday 7 February 2012

I'm Still Here!

Firstly, I want to thank everyone who commented on my last blog post, it wasn't the easiest post to write but I've said from day one I want my blog to be very honest, telling you guys about the good and the bad times. I appreciate it couldn't have been easy to read either, but thank you for the overwhelming support. It has been absolutely fantastic, knowing so many people are really rooting for me and are 100% behind me gives me the motivation to carry on fighting this evil disease. I will, of course, continue to stay as positive as possible and keep my fingers crossed I get on the list as soon as possible :)!

Sorry I havent blogged lately, it's just that I haven't done anything 'blogworthy' I will have been on IV's tomorrow for 3 weeks, I will decide whether I will continue for one more week or not at clinic tomorrow, I'm not 100% sure what is best because although I'm not in as much pain (thanks to my new pain killers) I am still not right, my cough has become very chesty over the past 2-3 days and I'm now feeling a lot more tight chested, but sometimes IV's can do this so I am in two minds as to what will be best, I will probably ask their advice and go from there. I do think I could potentially have the early stages of a cold, but again time will tell.

We had some friends round on Friday night which was nice, people think I don't want company because I'm unwell most of the time, but it actually does the opposite. Imagine if you spent every single day feeling ill and you just sat around at home, in your pjs, doing nothing. Basically, it makes me feel like everyday is the same and all I have to think about is feeling rubbish, when people come to visit, I like to get myself dressed, maybe get a takeaway in and have a good old giggle, which takes my mind off being ill. So it's a good thing.. Of course there are times when I do just want to sit in and do nothing and going out is a completely different story, I find it very difficult to go out to visit people/attend things because in my own home, I have everything here I could possibly need if something went wrong, also it is more effort to go out. So if you would like to see Josh and I, it's best to come round our house and see us :) and as long as I'm not practically bedbound, then we love visitors, as do the pups!!

Speaking of the puppies, I've made them a facebook page. I kept adding photo's to my wall of them and my facebook was getting filled with beautiful puppy faces, so I thought if I made a page for them, if we have any photos/videos/updates on the pups we can do it there, all you have to do is click 'like' and you will be able to view the page and see all the photos etc. we upload.
Milly & Tink's Facebook Page
I'd love it if we managed to get lots of likes on there (and so would the pups haha!)
:)

Thanks for reading!
xxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog bc of its honesty...and I can feel your courage through it! I hope you get some new lungs soon. Im glad people came to visit. I hate when people just don't understand how hard it actually is to live. They take life for granted... I hate that you aren't feeling well. If it was me I would stay on the IV's a little longer. I hope you get some relief soon. Have you tried any supplements? I'v found a few that REALLY REALLY help. Have a great day hun.

Anonymous said...

I wish you well with your cystic fibrosis and look forward to reading how your life transforms when you get your new lungs. Although some days are hard ( that's a understatement ) it is so important to stay positive and draw energy from those who love you.

Yosof Ewing said...

Wishing you love and warm wishes. Your attitude and courage are inspirational. You can do this x

Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful strong inspirational person I envy the courage and the way you look and live life. Your in my prayers and many people's. I pray you will gain enough weight and get those lungs you need. God has a plan for you my dear!! You have touched not only my heart but many others. Your a angel sent here to to guide the people struggling giving them hope. Your beautiful I will pray for u and spread your blog to continue motivating you and to spread the glorious words n journey you are going through. You have touched my heart and have helped me become stronger n how to look at life. May all the angels guide you and help you to recovery. Xoxo

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best and keep my fingers crossed for you getting the implant as soon as possible. You are one brave little girl! Greetings from snowy Estonia!