Friday 25 November 2011

Our Little Angel x

Our princess, Foxxy, has passed away.
This is the hardest blog I've ever had to write and to be honest, it's a blog I never expected to have to write because I always thought she would out live me.

On the day of my transplant assessment, she was hit by a car and immediately went to heaven.
It was a tragic accident and I'll try to explain exactly what happened.

Foxxy had outgrown her collar, so we intended to get her a new one for her 1st birthday which would have been the 7th December. So because we didn't want her to be on her own while we were at Harefield my Stepdad was going to pick her up and bring her back with him to their house. Obviously, as she didn't have a collar we decided he would use Fifi's which is their dog, she is only a westie/bichon frise, so she is small but the harness turned out to be too big for Foxxy. To start with he said it fit fine, then as she got to the car she stood up on her back legs and managed to wriggle out of the harness, she then ran out into the road and a car was coming, normally we live on a very quiet road where there is barely any traffic, so for a car to have been coming at that exact minute is what makes it so devestating. She was hit by the front of the car and it was obviously an instant death, she was only very tiny so any impact would have killed her, she was not crushed by the wheel or anything and we know she did not suffer any pain so I'm glad about that. Her last memories will be running, which she absolutely loved to do, she'd just run around the garden and run madly around the house, so she was free and running happily.

Foxxy was 11 months old, so she barely had time to live before she was taken. But we know she had the best life, even if it was short. We couldn't have possibly loved her anymore and she was spoiled rotten! She was cuddled daily, fed lots of food and special extras, she had tons of toys and she even got to sleep on our bed for the last few nights. She brought us so much joy and happiness, she gave us strength when times were tough or when I wasn't feeling great, a big cuddle with her and seeing her beautiful face made me feel I could get through anything. If me and Josh ever had an argument, she brought us back together and kept us strong.

I can't imagine life without her, it's so difficult I've never experienced hurt like this in my life and I am trying to stay strong because I know she would've wanted us to think of the good times we were so lucky to have with her. My baby girl will never be replaced and it will take time for this pain to heal, it will be particularly hard because we had such big plans for her birthday and Christmas.

At the moment, she is safe at the vets and she will be cremated on Saturday, we are going to put her ashes in the garden (her favourite place) and plant a rose bush where the ashes will be buried.
This way, she will still be a part of our house and if we ever feel she is not with us, she will be happy in the garden. Josh and I are also going to get memorial tattoos, I'm going to get a butterfly with an angel wing and Josh is getting a phrase.

I know she will be our little guardian angel and will be protecting us for the rest of our lives.
R.I.P my sweetheart, we miss you more than anyone can ever imagine and will love you forever, you were our baby and will never ever be forgotten.
xxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lot of love to you and Josh. I know how much Foxxy meant to you and how much of a sweetheart she really was. Let's hope she's getting to run round lots and play with boney in doggy heaven <3 xxx

Kristy said...

I am so sorry to hear of this sad news, I lost my little dog Lady last year and she was my life aswell I now think of her in doggy heaven with her beaytifull wings.

Kerry said...

So sorry to hear thos kerry, i lost my little fluffy baby a few years back, she wasn't so much of a baby she was 14, i had grown up with her, some people just think oh its just a pet it cant be that bad, but she was like my best friend. She knew when i was poorly and would not leave my room she watched over me constantly, it was such a big loss when she was gone i couldn't remember what it was like before we had her as i was to young so to me she had always been there with me..i understand your loss, you will never stop missing her but the pain will ease, sending you lots of hugs xxxxx

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to read this and I wish I could help you through your grief. It hurts so much, and while the pain will ease, you will always remember Foxxy and how much joy she brought you.

Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes. It's really tough to lose a dear companion like this. Please accept my sympathies.

Oddly enough, I found your blog when searching the web for images of stomach feeding tubes and buttons. My husband was diagnosed with A.L.S. this summer; and he'll soon need a feeding tube. Thanks for being willing to share your photo! And best of luck as you go through your own health challenges. Sending good wishes your way.
-- Ms. Kat