Friday 12 August 2011

I'm Back With An Update!!

Well, I couldn't stay out of hospital too long! I've been in 5 times already this year, prior to going downhill, I'd usually stay in 1/2 times maximum, so we are already at 5 hospital stays in 8 months!! 

I had a very bad night about a week ago, I spent the whole day and night coughing up pure blood, had oxygen levels of around 80% whilst on 2/3L of oxygen, I hate to think what they would have been had I not been on oxygen! I was very breathless, to the point that even trying to speak was exhausting, I felt completely clogged up as if there was literally no air in my lungs, it was very very difficult and at times I wasn't sure if I'd make it through the days, so I gave in and called the hospital and they arranged an appointment for me, from which I was given a bed and here I am!

I've been on IV's now since Thursday afternoon and I'm not feeling better yet but I will hopefully feel the benefits soon. I'm also having extra calorie supplements, a 300 calorie drink and 3 shots of something called Calogen down my peg tube which gives me an extra 800 calories a day, so with my feed that's a total of 2100 just from supplements, because on top of that I am eating a lot too, the weight should go up now we are adding in all those extra calories!!


Anyway that is a quick update on me, It's been very difficult and I'm thankful for all the supportive messages I have received, it certainly has cheered me up and brightened up what has been a very tough time!! 

I am going home Saturday morning because I have a few things to attend this weekend which I did not want to miss, then I'll be returning back to hospital on Monday. I'm glad my team have given me permission to carry on living and attend these things even whilst very unwell. I like to keep going and sitting in hospital for 2 weeks on end drives me crazy, however, the rest was very much needed and eases the pressure of trying to struggle doing things at home :)

I'm hoping that my next blog will be from a slightly healthier Kerry!
Thank you for reading.
xxx

2 comments:

Gem said...

Sending lots of love and hugs! Hopefully you'll start feeling a bit better soon!

xxx

Me said...

Thinking of you Kerry, keep going hun! xx